5 ways to help you get your money’s worth when buying tea online
When you shop online for tea, you can’t touch or taste the product. So how do you know what to look for and how can you make sure you get good quality tea without overpaying? I’m sure there are more, but here’s a list of 5 things to look out out for when buying tea online.
1. The origin of the tea you’re buying - do they tell you the tea origin of each blend? Why is this important? Because it tells you something about the quality of the tea you’re getting. You need a little more than just “Black tea”. You need to know whether it’s Ceylon tea, Assam tea, Chinese tea, etc.
2. Just enough variety but not too much - Look for companies that specialize in certain types of tea or ones that don’t carry too many flavors. For example, 100 different flavors is too much. Why? Because the more flavors they carry, the harder it is to keep your tea fresh. You’ll end up paying the price with stale tea.
3. The use of natural and/or organic flavorings - This is important, because it can make or break the flavor of your tea. Natural and organic flavorings make a huge difference in the taste. These teas are usually more expensive, but it’s worth it.
4. Ability to purchase samples - This is the best way to try many different types of teas without having to buy too much of one tea. Otherwise, if you order a tea that you don’t like, you’re stuck with a lot of it.
5. Low shipping rates and good free shipping deals - You shouldn’t pay a lot for shipping when it comes to tea. Tea is light and fairly inexpensive to ship. Look for flat rates ($5.00 or less) and make sure you don’t have to buy $50 worth of tea to get free shipping.
Hopefully, you’re getting these and more from your favorite tea store. If not, start shopping around.